This information sheet covers the recruitment process. It’s important to get this right, both to attract people who will be a good match for your roles, and to ensure the volunteering relationship starts off on the right foot. This document:
- Explains the differences between recruitment for paid staff and volunteers
- Offers guidance on advertising for volunteers
- Describes the volunteer recruitment process, including
- How to interview
- Ensuring potential volunteers have enough information to make a decision about joining you
- How to select volunteers
- How to say no to a potential volunteer.