Business and Fundraising Manager
ABOUT CRiBS: Christian Resources in Bexley Schools (CRiBS) is a thriving Christian charity which, in normal circumstances, reaches over 17,000 young people in Bexley schools every year. It helps to deliver the Christian element of Religious Education (RE) in the curriculum in an inspired, creative and relevant way and provides intervention programmes for young people who need additional support.
THE ROLE: The purpose of this role is to support the CRiBS CEO with the day to day management of the charity, ensuring that the finances and infrastructure are fit for purpose and facilitate the smooth delivery of our strategic objectives of building growing faith and living values in schools around the area.
THE PERSON: The Business Manager role requires a person with proven experience of financial management and budgeting. They will be an experienced and confident fundraiser with a successful track record of generating income. They will ideally have experience in a variety of sectors – business, charity, church – and be able to relate well and raise funds from all these as appropriate. They will be a strong communicator and possess the ability to build professional, long-lasting relationships with churches, partners, supporters and Trustees. They will be a committed Christian, with a whole-hearted commitment to CRiBS’ values and ethos.
The role will include:
1. Supporting the CEO in setting strategy and driving growth in our portfolio of programmes in schools.
2. Managing all aspects of finance including preparation of budgets, management accounts, finance reports, banking, filings for The Charity Commission, Companies house and HMRC.
3. Actively contributing to the development, implementation and delivery of the CRiBS fundraising Strategy and writing compelling, evidence-based grant applications.
4. Managing contracts and ongoing relationships with suppliers.
5. Overseeing and keeping under review all CRiBS policies, ensuring statutory compliance and monitoring implementation.
6. Overseeing the design and printing of all publicity material.
7. Managing the CRiBS website and developing use of social media.
8. Managing use and security of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT)
9. Managing maintenance of all CRiBS assets including vehicles.
This is a full-time paid position with a permanent contract. Salary range circa £26,500 - £28,000
There is an Occupational Requirement (OR) that the person filling this role is a practising Christian as you will be required to appropriately represent CRiBS and its Christian ethos. Your active Christian faith will enable you to demonstrate our Christian ethos and will see you working closely with local Christians, churches, schools and grant making bodies to generate awareness of CRiBS and its range of programmes. At CRiBS our mission is to demonstrate and promote Christian values and create the conditions for faith to grow.
If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then do apply to join us and we'll give you every opportunity to succeed.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Closing date: 20 th April 2020
To request a full job description, an application form or for more information on this opportunity please email firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this role, please submit a completed application form with covering letter via email or post to The CEO, CRiBS Charitable Trust, St Columba's Boys’ School, Halcot Avenue, Bexleyheath, DA6 7QB